Built in 1898, the oldest operating hotel in Alaska was a two story hotel, moved in 1908 by horse and capsten to its present location. A third story and the world famous golden dome was also added at this time.
Corrington's purchased the property in 1997 and spent more than one million dollars renovating the Crown Jewel of the Gold Rush. Now solid and up to code, each of the 31 rooms are dedicated to gold rush families and filled with their momentos and antiques.
The first floor offers a 60 seat pub, 80 seat Victorian style restaurant, 30 seat outdoor patio and Southeast Alaska’s first microbrewery.